Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Homemade vs Homestyle

Abuse is currently taking place in our commercial foods system. When I visit my local supermarket there are many foods especially in the prepared foods area things are marked "HOMEMADE"

Well Well whose home is it made in???????

Eating at my local favorite(Italian) restaurant ,many times dishes are marked homemade. I can understand this a little better. But how far does my local place have to go to call an entree "HOMEMADE" ??????? Pasta made on the premises, okay I can see that; but the term "Homestyle" seems more appropriate. If you live above the store as many families who have a food business do, then it is truly "homemade".

Food made in the home is a gift of love and caring and sustenance made by the cooks in our families. Let's respect and appreciate it. Demand that products made in room sized vats at factories are labeled "homestyle".

Homemade is what your mama, daddy or granny make and serve to you at home!!! Rare and rarer these days ...

No comments: