Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lamb Shanks Moroccan Style



I am trying something a little off my usual culinary path. I've got the Prince CD playing and I am off to North Africa in my humble kitchen. I've made leg of lamb in this style before(that was quite a while ago) so I hope the Moroccan cooking chops come back to me. I am using a recipe from the BBC food website ~~~~red wine, tomato puree,lots of garlic and my favorite spice, cumin as well as ground coriander. It is so different than the way lamb is usually prepared but the wine and tomato combination create a moist tasty, well seasoned lamb dish. The lamb is served with plenty of the sauce over couscous. Dear readers, I am not the best braiser but I shall soldier on in pursuit of strengthening my prowess in the preparation of Moroccan/North African cuisine. The spice/herbs combinations of Moroccan cooking are unusual but sensuous and well flavored but not hot.

As Jacque Pepin would say "here's to happy cooking".

No comments: